Saturday 27 May 2017

Another month, another Fairyloot unboxing...

Hi guys! So as you know I finished my second year of university last week! I'm going to be honest and admit that I have spent most of my time since finishing it in bed. I hope that there are some people that think me worthy of a rest. But thus far, I feel amazingly lazy. It doesn't sit right with me to do nothing. So I thought I'd get on with writing a blog post including the unboxing of the May Fairyloot box. So here goes nothing:

I didn't really have high hopes for this box. Fairyloot have been setting the bar pretty high in previous months and I honestly didn't think that they'd manage to top it again. The summary indicated that this months book would be a Mulan retelling and as much as I like Mulan, I wasn't all that excited or intrigued. But Fairyloot never fail to deliver an absolutely brilliant box! The theme for this month was Warriors and Legends and was said to be perfect for fans of The Lord of the Rings and other epic fantasy adventures. What's not to love right? Although I'll admit I've not seen or read The Lord of the Rings, nor The Hobbit. I'll get around to it eventually.

Anyway; the first couple of items were resting atop of the infamous purple curls and were tins. The bigger tin is a blend of green tea. I used to drink green tea all of the time and I don't know why I stopped drinking it. I will definitely be giving this a go pretty soon! The next tin was another candle! This months was by In The Wick of Time and mine was entitled 'Flame'. It smells absolutely beautiful.  From what I gathered, the candles varied from box to box. My friend Chels received a different candle. Before long I will need to keep an empty Fairyloot box for these bookish candles.

Beneath the purple curls was the wearable item they had mentioned; Celtic patterned socks! I've had socks from Fairyloot before and this new pair were equally beautiful and of a good quality. I don't think I'll wear either as I don't want to ruin them! Now following this was a couple of books. I was surprised by these as I don't normally expect more than one book. This time there was a chapter of a new novel and a book of summaries of myths and legends. It's such a cute little book and would have been so helpful in my first year of university; I took a module on popular myths. Both of these were absolutely adorable. There were three absolutely beautiful bookmarks also included in this box. One of which was based on The Lord of the Rings; but this is different. It is a woodmark! It's really beautiful.

My favourite item from this months box was the quill shaped pen! Mine was a pink, almost rose gold sort of, colour. I didn't realise that there were other colours but Chelsey got a gold pen, and there were even bright blue pens that went out! All of them were just so pretty. The pen writes beautifully and I've been using it to start my dissertation planning. It's now in the pen pot (which is shaped like the Mad Hatter's hat) filled with the novelty pens I seem to be collecting.

Okay, so this brings me to the book for this month. I was in Waterstones the week before the box arrived and had a feeling about the book. And I was right; The Flame and the Mist. The cover is gorgeous and Fairyloot included a print of the cover minus the title. I am saving this; I'm thinking of scrap booking all of the art that Fairyloot include. Right now it just sits around in boxes. It's such a waste.

Anyway, I started the book straight away and admittedly I'm only half way through. But that's because I started buddy reading Replica with Chelsey early on in the week. This book is one that I'm finding hard to follow, but I think that's because I'm only finding time to read a couple pages at a time. I haven't given myself chance to get fully submerged in it yet. But I do like it and have high hopes for it. The online reviews are positive, too. I'm excited to carry on reading and hopefully finish it this week.

Here's a picture of everything that came in this months box and I already can't wait for the June box!

I hope that you all have a lovely weekend and I'll hopefully be back later today, after yet another shift!





No comments:

Post a Comment