Wednesday 29 March 2017

March Fairy Loot unboxing!

Afternoon guys! My FairyLoot box finally arrived this morning and it's the anniversary edition! Fairy Loot have officially been running for a year. This is only my fourth box but I am so so happy with every single box I receive. The box, instead of being its usual black, was purple this month and oh my god it is beautiful. Even the text inside the box was purple. It feels like forever since the February box was delivered, but this month we were waiting on the book to actually be released. The wait only made me more excited!

This months theme was Myths and Monsters and I had made a prediction on the book; I was correct! The box wasn't inspired by any specific YA novels, but they did suggest it for anyone who liked magic, fantasy, unicorns, Phoenixs and dragons, etc. This is most definitely a box intended me. I couldn't miss out on the anniversary edition either!

Once again there are purple curls all over the floor and I got things out in a hurry. The first item I got out was a set of fairylights! They're in the shape of unicorns and rainbows and are absolutely beautiful! They're battery powered which is brilliant, because I already have a set of electric ones wrapped around my bed. These, I plan on attaching to my book case somehow when I move house. I now have three sets of fairylights but these were so so different and interesting. They feature in quite a few pictures I've taken of the box today.

The next item was inspired by another mythical creature. It was a candle by a company called Geeky Clean and it was called Nephilm. It smells really sweet and I loved it. I'm now building up a collection of unused bookish candles, and against I am saving these for the new flat! Alongside the candle was a small pocket mirror, with a mermaid on (I know the picture of this is awful, but I was relying on my phone camera, I am sorry!)!

I came across another myth inspired item; a set of book marks! First of all I absolutely love this style of bookmark! There was a little dragon and a phoenix. This was easily one of my favourite items in this months box. I almost don't want to use them as I have a habit of carrying paperbacks around in my very full tote bags, even though I don't have time to read them that day.

My absolute favourite item? The scarf! It is grey and is patterned with dragon scales, and has the words 'Fairy Loot printed at the bottom! I've included it in the photos of the box as a whole, It is so light and absolutely beautiful. I think it looks like mermaid scales. But whether it be dragon scales, or mermaid scales it sure is gorgeous.

Okay, this months book was a little predictable but I am still absolutely thrilled. Fairy Loot provided me with a copy of Laini Taylor's Strange The Dreamer. Having just started her other series, beginning with A Daughter of Smoke and Bone I am very excited. I am twenty percent into A Daughter of Smoke and Bone and it is captivating. I am struggling to put it down at the moment! Strange The Dreamer will be the one I read after this, and I cannot wait. Expect full reviews of both books, guys! Oh and this editon of Strange The Dreamer is limited edition in the UK; with the edges of the pages being sprayed blue. It really is beautiful.



It has been a long day and I have just got home from a second trip to the cinema to see Beauty and the Beast. I have so much to do but really need to catch up on sleep so I can stop complaining about it here! Sorry guys!

Oh! On a side note; I now have a twitter! I have no idea what I'm doing with it yet but I'm sure I will sort it out soon. Feel free to head over there and follow me! I attempted to be funny and sound clever at the same time. Turns out I am neither, and am still clueless with regard to Twitter. Tips are welcome!

I'm working on a post about self love/care at the moment, too. So you can look forward to that in the next few days. For now, I am returning to my forum post assignment before bed.

Good night guys, have a good week!


No comments:

Post a Comment