Tuesday 27 December 2016

Books, glorious books!

I hope you had a wonderful Christmas. I spent the holiday at my mothers. If anything, Christmas always highlights to me how strange families are. That aside, I've had a lovely time and I have been completely spoiled by my family. I was given so many books!

A signed copy of Holding Up The Universe by Jennifer Niven, the complete Throne of Glass series by Sarah J Maas, and the complete Harry Potter book collection. Pop dolls too! Six in total. My sister added to the collection on boxing day, she gave me Voldemort. Additionally, my dad is paying for me to get a new tattoo in the new year. It's going to be small, a quote, and book related. But more about that later on.
I had a wonderful time.

Side note: I ate my weight in mashed potato and have watched one Harry Potter film every day for the past four days on ITV. That's been pretty fun.

I brought Boxing Day to a close watching Love Actually. I will always love that film! Regardless of how many consecutive years I watch it at Christmas! Partly because of my inappropriate crush on Colin Firth (purely because that's how I picture Mr Darcy!) and Hugh Grant's dancing. Mostly, however, because of its sheer beauty. It makes me appreciate my family a little bit more.

Just a short one tonight. I'm procrastinating once more, I actually have an essay to write on fairy tales. But Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire on TV is preventing that, alongside the very existence of this blog.


This soppy fool needs her bed!

Good night.

No comments:

Post a Comment