Saturday 31 December 2016

New Years Resolutions...

I'd say that around this time every year is a good place to begin evaluating things. I started on a bus a few days ago.

1. As always, read more books. I managed 84 this year. Maybe 100 next year! (my to be read list is still, and will probably always be as long as my arm!)
2. Stress less (a challenge for someone who spends their entire life stressing!)
3. Learn to spell definitely.

I find myself a little anxious about 2017. But it's not as if it can be any worse than 2016. I'd like to say I'd learnt a lot; what kind of guys not to date (pretty boys with silver tongues), the types of friends I need to detach myself from (the type that falls in love too easily), and I've learnt that I really like Harry Potter!

I've had some amazing moments this year. I've made some great friends, met my idol again, and read some brilliant books. I passed my first year of university. Sadly, I said goodbye to my nan, she's one of the many wonderful people that we won't be able to take into 2017. I miss her a great deal.

Emotionally, a whirlwind. Financially, yikes! Politically? Just thinking about that warrants a string of curses. I certainly will be the glad to see the back of it. But hey, all in the name of experience I guess! I'm hoping for a little bit of happiness next year, and I suppose that's all we can ever really hope for.
I'm going to leave this post with this:

"I hope that in this year to come, you make mistakes.
Because if you are making mistakes, then you are making new things, trying new things, learning, living, pushing yourself, changing yourself, changing your world. You're doing things you've never done before, and more importantly, you're Doing Something.
So that's my wish for you, and all of us, and my wish for myself. Make New Mistakes. Make glorious, amazing mistakes. Make mistakes nobody's ever made before. Don't freeze, don't stop, don't worry that it isn't good enough, or it isn't perfect, whatever it is: art, or love, or work or family or life.
Whatever it is you're scared of doing, Do it.
Make your mistakes, next year and forever."
- Neil Gaiman


Happy New year x

No comments:

Post a Comment