Sunday 11 December 2016

To Be Read: December



The pile of books I have to read is huge. I struggled to pick just a few to read this month. I'm so excited to hand all my assignments in January so I have a couple weeks of reading. Anyway...


 The Muse By Jessie Burton: I read Burton's debut The Miniaturist last year and I absolutely adored it! Burton has a skill for manipulating words. I've had The Muse for a while, I got it on sale in Waterstones a couple of months ago. And the cover is absolutely beautiful.

Replica by Lauren Oliver: Having read a few books by Oliver I'm intrigued to see what she does with this. The book can be started either way, and you simply read into the middle, then start the other side. She tells the story of Lyra and Gemma, in a young adult science fiction tale. I am so excited about this.

Great Expectations by Charles Dickens: I am almost ashamed to admit it. But here it goes *gulps*. I have never acutally read any Dickens. However, having been forced to read Carol Ann Duffy's Miss Havisham when I was in sixth form, I put the novel on my to be read list and haven't thought of it since. But Great Expectations seems a good a place as any to begin Dickens.

Pride and Prejudice and Zombies by Seth Grahame-Smith: I've almost finished this and will post a full review very soon!

Mansfield Park by Jane Austen: Another confession. I have actually never read Mansfield Park or Persuasion. So I thought I'd start with Mansfield Park. I'll post a review of this soon.

The Last Beginning by Lauren James: The Next Together was one of the best young adult novels I've read all year. I went to a book signing with her and Jennifer Niven last month and she stated that she'd started the series for the young adult that loves both Doctor Who, and Jane Austen. The description was very endearing and made me appreciate her that little bit more! I'm so excited to read this sequel.

No comments:

Post a Comment