Thursday 23 February 2017

It is so late

Good morning folks. It is twenty to two at the moment and I've been home from work about an hour. Someday all of these late nights and long shifts are going to be worth it. The night time must make me soppier than I realised.

Anyway, I am currently eating miniature brownies and searching for something to watch. I finished my third (maybe forth) watching of Gilmore Girls in less than six months. I have a whole list of things to watch and yet I am stuck. On the bright side I purchased another new book! And it's another Pride and Prejudice retelling! I don't know why I'm putting myself through another one but this one is from the point of view of Mary Bennet and is called The Forgotten Sister by Jennifer Paynter. I'm writing yet another essay on Pride and Prejudice but this time I'm looking at minor characters and Mary was a huge interest to me whilst planning. I hope this book will be better than some I've read in the past couple of months.

Whilst shopping on amazon, I found an Austen CD. If I'm shopping for Austen themed things, can I write it off as some form of market research? Anyway, it is a collection of BBC Radio dramatizations. They're preformed by actors such as David Tennant and Benedict Cumberbatch. I dare say that will be arriving later on this week- as soon as I get around to ordering it. The cover is pretty too.

I also have King's Cage to get around to. I think this is the final book in Victora Aveyard's The Red Queen series. I hope the end of this series is as good and gripping as its beginning.

This weekend I plan to watch the episode of Piers Morgan's Life Stories with Nigel Farage that I'll miss on friday evening. I can't stand either of them but this twitter promotion made it sound too good to miss. If nothing else it will give me something to rant about. Expect that some time.

As if Nigel Farage and Piers Morgan on the same channel, at the same time, wasn't enough bad news, Wolverhampton has experienced storm Doris today. Nothing has been safe; birds have been blown into my window today, I've heard various people complaining about their bins being knocked over. But by far the biggest tragedy was the death of a young woman caught in Doris' crossfire. She was enjoying a Starbucks with friends when something fell on her. Life really is too short; what a sad, sad loss. My thoughts are with her family.

It's been an interesting day, to say the least.

It is now twenty to three in the morning. I think this is the latest I've been up after work. Perhaps sleep will catch me soon.

Good night guys. Sleep well and have a lovely Friday.


No comments:

Post a Comment