Monday, 23 January 2017

Back to the grindstone...

As much as I love university, being here till 8pm on a Monday is very much not my idea of fun. I have just returned from my first class of the second semester and whilst most of my class mates appeared to be nodding off, I was in my element. The realist novel was entertaining and very interesting to me, I found it easy and amusing applying it to different aspects of Pride and Prejudice. I don't relish the thought of my first exam at university but I'm definitely looking forward to the rest of the semester. I still have two classes to go, however.

How far did I get with Hamlet? I think I made it to at least Act 2- I can appreciate it I just don't think that I am meant to find it amusing. It's hard not to laugh when the Ghost, who has announced his return to purgatory about six pages previously, 'cries from under the stage, Swear!'

I can't say that today has been all bad, I mean between 4pm and 5pm I was researching the realist novels, whilst listening to 80's Madonna. I don't care what anybody says, Vogue will always be one of my favourite songs. I also came across Joni Mitchell's version of Big Yellow Taxi! I call that a successful day.

2 comments:

  1. Very glad you're enjoying things. 'Joni Mitchell's version' though? She wrote it! If you like her, try her album The Hissing of Summer Lawns.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Seriously?! Going to have a listen now!

      Delete